Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Problems with age Are they REAL,? (Yeah, and silly ones too!)

 Memorable Automobiles from The Past:

One aged well, the other didn't........

 

For today:

Of course there are real problems with aging. I know it, every time I see a senior with a walker or when I hear that an aged friend was rushed to the hospital, I know there are problems.

HOWEVER we seem to NEED problems, those of us who are blessed with good health will find a problem. Me? Dadgummit I can’t hear and all my hair turned grey then turned loose. SHUCKS,  I used to be one pretty dude too! LOL

 

Then we men seem to gain too much weight. We used to blame it on too much beer. Now we know it is just too much good food….. And then there are the little aches and pains. Not enough to fuss (or brag) about, but enough to bother a good life.

Most men have always had a problem of ‘not changing to work clothes for a small repair job i.e. moving the mower, cleaning gutters or just a little touchup painting (the worst). AND IN THE PROCESS RUIN, TEAR OR MESS UP a nice shirt or pair of pants.

Yeah Aging can be tough on us guys…. BUT…..

Due to Hollywood’s portrayal of women I look at problems older ladies have, I cringe but still ask:

1.       Do the wrinkles hurt?

2.       What about Age spots, ARE THEY UGLY?

3.       Those little blue spider veins that show up, WOW!

4.       There was a problem with finger nails; now the problem has dropped down to toenails.

5.       OH CRAP, A dirty spot on a blouse? What will people think?.

6.       And the worst of all that danged ‘crepe’ skin, and the wings that develop!!

Aging for men is tough, but not half as tough as women. Hollywood, SOCIETY, has ruined it for women. Some girls want to try to look 35 when they are in their 70s (maybe 90s)….

But what the heck? Life is good much better to still be above the ground.

 

Nite Shipslog.

PS: Odd, wrinkles on men adds character, on women, it makes them look OLD.

6 comments:

Susan Kane said...

Oh, yes. The one that makes me giggle? "‘crepe’ skin, and the wings that develop!!" Not much elderly starlets can do about that.

Mevely317 said...

Hey, I resemble that remark. (*smile*)
Ya, shortly after my 50th year I realized Life Ain't Fair! ... Men become 'distinguished' while we're best described as 'extinguished.'
Methinks Mr. God's got a strange sense of humor.

betty said...

I continue on with the thought that God looks at the heart and inner beauty over outer beauty so to have a pure heart is much better than wonderful looks :) (That's my story and I'm sticking with it). I just wish the aches and pains could be avoided myself :)

betty

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Your lady readers will love you for this.

God bless.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm proud of every gray hair on my head. And am so thankful to have reached the age I am. There is so much to be thankful for that I don't complain. Sure I have aches and pains and put weight on.but like you said it's better than being below ground.

Dar said...

There is no line around me yet in spite of all the ' aging ' issues. Lol, I have a couple huge age spots by my thumb that my youngest grandlove sweetly tried to rub off, wetting his little finger with spit. He said,"Grandma, you got 'doat'." Well, how could I possibly cover them. lol Like 'MA' said, I too, am grateful to have reached this age in spite of aches and pains. I loved your 'somewhat' tender way of pointing aging issues out. lol
loven'hugs from up north where we are taking one day at a time.