Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Dreaming & my head the A-T ? 4

  AT Pic of the Day



This is 'Sir Richard' of the UK. I tried to remember all the individuals we met, but the lists have been lost among the hundreds of things we have in the basement from our walk. We met so many interesting folk on this hike.

So for today:

There are days in the last couple years I don’t even want to get up.  Today started that way, I slept until near 10:30 this morning. Sleep and dreams just don’t make sense once you are awake.

(These are  hikers we are actually catching up with as they ascend this Mt)

Funny how this morning I looked at the clock and it was just after 7AM. I thought ‘too early to get up.’ And closed my eyes, I next opened them just a FEW minutes later and it was 10:20 AM. WHAT?

And the dream I had, “I was building us a house, it only took a day (in my dream from foundation to walls going up. In the dream I left the job for a day and returned and everything was destroyed as folks looked for a hidden spring that had caused a collapse.” 

In my dream it seemed so normal to build that house in a day rather than weeks. LOL Yes, dreams can make unreal things seem normal.

As a general rule, I like dreams day or night.  I cannot remember one just now, but at times I have awoke and still thought one was real.

(Dodging dead falls is part of the hike)

Many times I have said, “My first few weeks on Parris Island when I hit the sack I hoped to wake up in mamas house to learn I was having a bad dream!”  LOL.  I laugh now and am glad it was real; I learned a lot about responsibility and camaraderie that has stuck with me.

But this is about the AT. 

 

(the odd tree shots I take? I liked this at the time)

Sleeping along the trail is a mixture.  There are what are called 'shelters' along the trail aobut every 10-15 miles. They are rustic of course, but tents are used most often. There are a few HOSTELS along the way within walking distance of the trail. Just looking at these pictures start a daydream.  I ask myself, was it as sweet or delightful as I thought? 

 I really do think so.  Not the sprains and strains of course, but there is something in OUR minds (maybe wonder) as we walked up or down a Mt in VT or NH and thinking this slope has up to 10-20 ft. of snow on it in the winter. Heck this is a ski slope!


I do not remember all the pictures I took, but this one I do. Sherry had a groin strain and had THROWN her pack down the mt. ahead of her!

Yep I am a captive of daydreams lately.

 

Nite Shipslog

PS:  Thanks for your time and thanks for the comments & prayers, Life is getting settled somewhat, but we are not ‘out of the woods yet.’ Pun intended. (some parts of life are not a dream but a nightmare!)

5 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I never remember my my dreams that clearly, but I know when I've had one because I'm tossing and turning.
When I wake up I look to see if there is any daylight streaming in, if it is I know I slept late. But I don't like to wake up at 3:00 in the morning either, that is far too early and I'll go back to sleep. I do think we all need a dream in our lives, giving us something to look forward to.

Mevely317 said...

Funny, these last few months I've been experiencing some vivid dreams ... then hate like heck when I can't remember the storyline. Not fair, lol!

Tom's been doing an abnormal (to me) amount of sleeping. I just hope he's enjoying a dream or two.

As always, I'm loving your photos.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

My wife blames me for the way I behave in her dreams.

God bless.

happyone said...

I don't think I've EVER gotten up that late. :)
My eyes pop open around 6 or so and I'm ready to get my day started.

MELODY JACOB said...

Sometimes just staying in bed is just want we need. Nice photos.
You can check out my new post here: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/10/retirement-dilemma-selling-your-home-for-care-costs.html

Thank you