Saturday, October 7, 2023

The Thing that skeers me!

  Car of the day:

 


My dream cars, I FEAR I will not get them....  LOL


Huangshaun Mt. in China would it bother you to walk this without railing?

So for today:

I believe I would enjoy one last overseas trip.  It would be sorta round-about because I am cheap. We can fly ‘space-available’ on military flights.  To get to my desired destination (Ireland) would require a flight to Germany, then to the UK.  After that take a tour and see the sights; I I especially would like for her to see Piccadilly Circus and Buckingham Palace.

We would then get to Ireland the best way we can (gotta check that) then rent a car or get some tours lined up. I really would like to see Ireland.

THERE IS ONE DRAW BACK to this. My girl has a fear of flying, unless she figures it necessary. Now the Girl flew in and out of Cuba several times, because it was required to be with her lover, that good looking dude, 'me,' LOL.

Then once I flew with HER to Hawaii, because that was HER DREAM trip. She rode with me to Alaska that was MY dream trip then. She flew to Salt Lake City to see a grandson and GGrand daughter Elsie Mae, once (or twice).

Twin grands Stephen and Josh looking over the seats inflight to Salt lake.
Me, Sherry and JJ in back seat, Matt and Sherece in front of them, same flight.
Looking down on the snow covered Rockies, I love flying.
Four generations,  Me, Benjamin, Jack Jr. Holding his grand daughter Elsie Mae.

That brings up a question.  Why does she not like to fly? She has never been in a plane that crashed, and none of the ones she has flown on have done nothing more than dip a little in an ‘air-pocket.’

Amongst us humans there are a lot of ‘illogical’ fears.  Do you have any?

Flying, Closed in places, Heights, Intestates, Buffets, animals, microwave ovens, bridges, etc???

Two of those, Fear of Interstates and Microwaves were two  belonging to a good friend of ours from Maine ('AL,' may he RIP). Each winter he drove to and from Florida and would not use the Interstates, a fear of Carbon Monoxide; if he knew it, he would eat nothing that came from a microwave.

What about you, any logical or illogical phobias or fears? 

 

Nite Shipslog

PS: Thank YOU ALL, for  taking the time to stop by to visit. It makes us smile.

5 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

If you're ever in London, let me know with plenty of notice ... I'll try to travel to London to meet you. It's been a very long time since I travelled there. Distances here in the UK are longer because it's a small island !!! For example, it takes ages to go from London to the North in Scotland (just over 330 miles). It's shorter coming back because it's downhill all the way!

God bless.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Illogical fear: walking under a black cat.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I like flying and always try to get a window seat. Its's amazing to see everything when you are up in the air. My fear is height. I get dizzy looking out from high places. I use step ladders but not ladders. I don't want to fall off.

happyone said...

I'd walk there but NOT without the railing!!
Can't think of any illogical fears.
If anything it would be of being on a boat and having one of those rogue waves come along.

Mevely317 said...

Gosh, I wish y'all would take that overseas trip ... and take me with you. Or, wouldn't a trans Atlantic cruise be more enjoyable? Maybe not as inexpensive, but still.

I'm like Sherry and have always been a fearful flyer. No reason in particular, but I remember seeing news coverage of all the spectacular crashes and thinking what a horrific way in which to die. Factor in, I've trust issues with the pilot and ground crew. (What if one of them was drunk the night before and forgot to check everything, or install the right screws. What if, what if, what if!)