Thursday, October 12, 2023

Territorial? Of course we are!

  Today’s Car

 "Move out of the way, I might be late!"

 For Today:

Marriage teaches many things……

1.  When she decides where the dishes and bowls will be in the cabinets, he is smart learns to REMEMBER where that place is.

2.  Things are BEST folded as she does it on wash day.



3.  Silverware (we do not use silverwear but I don’t know what else to call it) the spoons, knives and forks should always be stored one way.

(TThis below will not work!'

Don’t get me wrong, ain’t nothing wrong with that, it is just to show we are territorial.  I have always heard that animals like humans are territorial, especially dogs, ‘they mark’ their territory by where they pee.  No I ain’t trying that!

BUT  I KNOW WHERE I KEEP MY TOOLS and if borrowed or used, I want them back where they were. I tell myself that is just common sense.  BUT someone may look at my way and say, NAY, one’s hammer should be here,  Now that is FINE, UNLESS ONE DECIDES FOR ME TO REARRANGE THEM!  lol

We usually walk in the RV parks where we stay. I have noticed when families walk, that kids run ahead of the parents OR WANT TO! I mean as a rule the kids are out front and would go until they disappeared unless called down by a parent.  I think their territory is anything up front. That is not true when kids have reached their 60s.  Now  they hang back and walk slower with us. LOL



But lemme tell you there is a lot of territory covered between 6 years old and sixty. ;)

Humans as a rule are creatures of habit.  Once we establish a pattern we just do not want to change, UNLESS WE see the advantage.

When a division, shop, class, school or workplace has established a pattern, TOO often when a NEW BOSS comes in, within a few days starts changing things and you hear, “Where I come from we did it this way.” I can remember several times in my life THAT EXACT THING happened and morale hit the basement.  A good leader takes over and observes for a while, gets to know THE TERRITORY BEFORE he changes a thing.

It is harder for 60-70 people to change, it is easier for One to change his ways,  until he really learns how well those 60-70 operate together.

SORRY I got carried away! ;)  But thanks for coming by.....

 

NiteShipslog


4 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Ah, this made me smile!
Some may call it 'OCD' but it makes me feel all right inside when things are in their place.

That doesn't mean I don't get in a hurry ... then forget where I put something. Another story for another day!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Our homes are our territory and I make mine to resemble me. It is cozy and comfortable to be around. Just like I hope I am. As I've grown older, I consider comfort to be a priority. My home is my peaceful place and I feel safe! Knowing you both from what I've read, I'd feel the same at your place.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Regarding tools ... I have all my tools, hammers, screwdrivers, pliers and so on each tied to a long piece of string of different colours. So if someone takes my tools and does not return them, I go to the garage and pull the right string and the tool comes back to me.

Regarding peeing to mark one's territory ... the dog thinks the garage is his territory. It is NOT; I have marled it so.

God bless.

happyone said...

Spoons, knives, and forks also called cutlery.
I know to put my husbands tools pack where I got them.:)