Wednesday, October 11, 2023

IMPOSSIBLE, but…..

 Car of the day:

 


For today:

I have heard of real-life experiences where men and women would do absolutely ‘IMPOSSIBLE’ THINGS under pressure or a so-called adrenaline rush.  I remember hearing that my brother Odis carried things from their burning house by himself that were heavy and bulky among them a Refrigerator and a hid-a-bed.

Then I read of a man in this in an article, and smiled:

QUOTE:

One cold dark night in March 2011, my wife woke me from a very deep sleep.

“There’s a fire!” she shouted.

At the time, my mother-in-law was living with us, and she was bedridden.

After jumping out of my bed and fighting the fire for as long as I dared, and finally giving up, I ran to my mother-in-law’s bedroom, scooped her up out of bed, and carried her out of the house like she weighed nothing.

Not only did she seem to weigh nothing, I felt no cold while standing outside in the street holding her, although I was wearing pajamas, barefoot, and standing in the ice and snow.

While the fire department fought the fire—more successfully than I had done, I am happy to say—our neighbor across the street took us in. One of my sons had rescued my mother-in-law’s wheelchair from our house. I carried her across the street and placed her in the wheelchair in our neighbor’s entryway.

Our neighbor, an elderly lady living alone, had a split-level house. She told us we could stay downstairs for the night. The wheelchair couldn’t go down the stairs, so I bent over to pick up my mother-in-law out of her wheelchair, to carry her down the stairs.

I couldn’t lift her at all. I had lost my temporary super-strength from adrenaline.

It took me and both of my teenage boys to get her out of the wheelchair.

Do you know of any incidents like that?

 


Nite Shipslog

PS:

God has allowed us to meet some of the best folk on the planet. In person and here on the net.  Thank you all for being here… and being YOU!

 

5 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Yes, I have heard and read about such super powers.

I have a super power. I can run very fast out of the house whenever the Mother-in-law calls round.

God bless.

Mevely317 said...

That's amazing! The only explanation I can think of is, someone/something Higher stepped in. Angels?

I'll be checking back to see if any of your other readers have a story to share.

Susan Kane said...


God gave him the strength that he needed. God knows the need even before it happens.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Adrinalin like that is something I've never experienced and I know of no unknown super power in my possession. I did go out and work on a challenging job just so I could support my family who mean everything to me. To this day I don't regret that. We all do what ever it takes to take care of our families.

happyone said...

I've heard amazing stories like this but have never personally experienced one.
Must be a God Thing. :)