Tuesday, October 17, 2023

The Trail (AT)

  AT Pic of the Day

 I love it when I see something in nature without someone else pointing it out.



I did notice this giant rock person hiding under the waterfall in the lower right corner. (someplace in New Hampshire methinks)


So for today:

Each year hundreds of people from all over the world, PLAN to get to the US East Coast and hike the Appalachian Trail. A couple thousand or so actually get there and start.  Some, like me this year, quit in the first few days. Most make it a few hundred miles and dropout for hundreds of reasons. 

Approximately 22-24% complete the entire 2193 miles (about 3525Km). It takes 5-8 months of one’s life but most consider the time well worth it.

WE have found in our lives that most every pastime, hobby or activity grows a following and many clubs are started. Our boys started MotoCross in their youth and we found camaraderie there. We even did some Square Dancing in Cuba and learned of an entire world that surrounds the dedicated actors. The same with Bowling and little league.

The AT has its dedicated followers. Some complete it to return to some part and open a ‘Hostel’ to serve and meet the many thru hikers. Many join clubs to maintain THE TRAIL. Some folks, as we have done a couple times, set up tables with food at AT crossings and supply Needed fresh clean water to hikers that action is referred to as 'Trail Angels.'.

The AT sorta gets in your blood.

 

Nite Shipslog

PS:  Thanks for your time, the comments & prayers, Life goes on with or without you and me.. But WE are glad YOU are here.

5 comments:

Woody said...

WoW !! First Thing I saw was the "Rock Person "!!!
Nature is a great Artist !
You and your Honey Take Care, sending down Prayers and a Hug!

Mevely317 said...

I never tire of hearing you talk about the AT and its denizens.
Now, I'm feeling foolish -- bewildered, too -- because I can't spot the "giant rock person" you refer to in the first photograph.

happyone said...

I spotted the rock person too!!!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Rock person - hard chiselled face.

God bless.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Mevely,

The rock person is there where I'm putting my cursor. Here's the nose ... mouth and lips ... eye ... See where I'm moving the cursor.

God bless.