Monday, October 2, 2023

Good customer or Just a number

 Car of the day:

 

The owner of the above car, drove it into the desert when it was new to wait until there were no taxes. He hasn't came back yet!
For today:

Daddy taught us to PAY everything we owe on time! Never be late.  You will establish a good reputation paying on time, he said.  Just a few years back my BIL scratched a parked car when making a turn. He talked to the owner who said forget it, not enough to worry about.

BIL insisted he get it fixed. It was about $800. He called his agent to ask should he pay in cash or let the ins pay it? The Agent said, “If it is less than $1000 it should not  effect your premiums. You have been with All State nearly 50 years and never had a claim.” 

His premiums went up nearly double after making the claim.  He learned he was actually a NUMBER instead of a good customer.

That is sad.  I am sure with mom & pop companies’ people who pay regularly and on time are still ‘Good Customers’, but to the huge corporations of today, you are just a number and that is sad.

Sherry and I have always paid a bill as soon as possible after receiving it. We pay our taxes at the earliest possible time, it is just our practice.

Speaking of taxes, we pay our property taxes monthly (over $700), many people forget they pay their taxes along with their house payment monthly. Years later when when the loan is paid off,  they get a shock the next year when they receive a property tax bill, unless they had planned for it..

Taxes have hurt a lot of older folk that own a nice home. Once they are on a fixed income it becomes hard to pay the taxes that go up every few years. We prefer having the taxes taken out monthly, but with the tax hike this year we will still have to come up with $1400 to bring it up todate. OUCH

We rent the condo next door. At one time it paid ins and taxes on both, but that is no longer true.  Plus it is empty at present. ;(

Taxes and death are the two things sure in this world. ;-(

 Above, jack & Sherry after taxes paid.

Nite Shipslog

PS  Thanks for coming this way. We enjoy your visit and hope you will return soon....

 

4 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

A sobering thought about taxes. Ours are so high over here.

God bless, Jack and Sherry.

Mevely317 said...

Good points! I'm pretty sure my parents tried to instill that ethic in me, but of course, I wasn't listening.
Now that business about AllState makes me disgusted. We're delighted with The Hartford's customer service, but of course, that could all change in a heartbeat.

PS - That abandoned car in the desert makes me think he/she didn't stop and buy one of those bags of water they used to sell to hang on the front of cars.

Susie said...

Jack, I pay my bills as soon as I bring them in from the mail. No I am not letting any one into my acct automatically. Forget about it. But I do not like to owe any one. I tell my children....never pay anything late. You are wasting money if you do. I sure liked the picture of you and Sherry sleeping peacefully after taxes. LOL. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Due to renting I no longer have any property taxes to pay. I too try to pay my bills as soon as they come, that way I don't forget to pay them later on. But some times I do get messed up and forget. I am not a bad person and usually pay right on time. Everyone makes mistakes now and then. We are none of us perfect. Hopefully my memory won't get any worse and that will be a one time thing.