Thursday, January 26, 2012

I guess I have learned that things do not last forever.

1955-Chevrolet-Bel-Air-Hardtop-Two-Door-Exterior-01

(My teen age years did not!)

I have never put the security word requirement to my blog to keep out spam, but now in the last two days I have had four spammers.  If the trend keeps up I will install the security words.  My problem with the words is I forget some folk have them, and make an entry, hit enter and since my system is slow, my comment is not posted. There are couple blogs where my system is real slow responding.

1956_Oldsmobile_Golden_Rocket_Concept_Car_Aug31

‘56 Olds concept car.

I guess it is like a man’s hair, because as a rule, you cannot expect it to stay forever. The same with sleepless nights. Just the time I  state I don’t have trouble with it, now I cannot sleep.  Of course I know exactly why I cannot, but that still does not help.  Children are forever, if a 50 yr old son or daughter has problems, why should it keep the parents awake.  Didn’t we handle our own problems?  Or did mom and  dad just suck it up and not complain like I am?  I don’t know.

1956_Thunderbird_htp-skirts-steel_grey-fVl=mx=

A ‘56 T-Bird

Logically, an adult should be their own person, or that is the way we were raised.  But that feeling has not been passed on to the younger generation. 

Sherry & I like to joke and say: if we do not like how things are going, we crank up our home and move.  But if it is a family problem that ain’t so easy.

shirl 59 dodge royal lancer

‘59 Dodge Royal Lancer

So nothing lasts forever, except a mother’s love, and sometimes a dad’s.  Anyway I had to smile, although I know Darla had a rough time, as stated on her blog, I understood exactly what she was saying.

None of us are immune to problems. Right now my e-mail and system is NUTS. I get an ICON of an envelope, but not sender, date, or subject. Now I am one of those that delete if I do not recognize the sender, so I am NOT opening anything without knowing what it is.

tumblr_laefvwoxjA1qdblneo1_500

(We really do not have problems if we put them in prospective)

Then on top of that I get this note from AOL, here are the recovered e-mails that were lost, all 600 of them, WHAT? 600? So as I wade thru them, and by the way they have all info, it is the ‘new mail’ that have no info. HA??

Anyway if I seem lost on comments and e-mails, I am trying to climb out of a hole. hahaha!

Thanks for coming this way!!

Nite Shipslog

PS:

The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you’re still a rat.

—Lily Tomlin

****************************************************

ATT00165

Ahhhh what a thrill, a 1957 Chevy 2dr hard top.

I could drive around in this and forget my troubles, until I parked. hahaha

10 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I had to share one of my favorite sayings with you today

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~Dr. Seuss

Troubles with our children versus problems with the internet...I'd rather have internet problems but wow you have both!

Remember your serenity prayer.. Hugs and love from Ohio.

Anonymous said...

nice looking T-Bird! Don and I used to have the luxury of packing up the old motorhome and moving on! But sometime motherhood calls even when the kid is in his 40s!

Fred Alton said...

Whattaya mean "You think you have learned"? You KNOW it, buddy. "To everything there is a season", said Solomon. And another one I like the older I get ... "This too shall pass." I'm learning to "roll with the crunches on this internet thing. Someone once said to me, "After all, I don't live here in cyber-space. I also have a real life." ha. For days (maybe weeks) I could not get your blog to respond correctly - but now it is doing very nicely for me. I loved that '57 Chevy. Great car. Never owned one but had friends who did. BTW -Looks like Florida is out for Feb this year. One more change of plans. I had really looked forward to that but now looks like I'll be going to the hospital here every week - one week for chemo - one week for blood tests. Oh well. Maybe we'll just jump up one day and go across the mountain after you get back to NC. ☺

shirl72 said...

Well there is my 59 Dodge what
a beautiful car.

Glad you are getting your computer e-mail problems solved. I don't know enough about computers to fix
anything. I don't click to much
for fear I will get into trouble.
I just do what the computer tells me. It is not always right.
They are a big mystery to me.

Shirl

Anonymous said...

Various spam comments for me as well, nevertheless, having apllied comment moderation for every entry older than two days am able to delete them all at once.

Sad that alike is possible and happening though.

Have to admit, that I still have to learn, that everything ends.

Please have you all a good Friday.

Paula said...

when my daughters were little I thought if I ever get them raised I'll have it made. Wrong! I could paddle them then but now I listen and wish I could paddle them.

TARYTERRE said...

Trouble seems to follow me regarding GROWN UP children and the internet, too. I hope you have peace of mind soon. Hang in there.

Dar said...

That unconditional love we have for our kids and family does get us in a heap of worry sometimes. Thanks for understanding. Today? I realize there is not a darned thing more I can do except to keep the prayers coming and going all the time. It's been a constant with me and for me.
Kids, when will we ever grow up. Nuff Said, I had a great busy day.
Now,
for a serious question.???What is that adorable first, turquoise car. It's mine, it has my name all over it, I love,Love,LOVE it. I can hardly contain myself. Hug me car!
BlessYourSweetHeartsFromHereToThere

Lucy said...

As you know, I have had my share of problems with one kid in particular. I finally just said, I am not the problem. He has to deal with it. I have said I have put him in place with my dear departed ones. I don't dwell on it. He broke my heart for 17 years, but he will never do it again. The sad part of it is that it has turned his brothers and sister against him because they know how hurt I was.

Ken Riches said...

Sometimes these computational devices can be real buggers!