Monday, August 27, 2018

On the road soon



Historical Photo:
               Clifton, Arizona late 1920s

 The cat came back, thought he was a goner but the cat came back.....
Well Tom Cat showed back up, but of course Blackie’s kittens didn’t. I told Tom if he is gonna father some more puppies he had better keep an eye on them.  He just ignored me.

I told Blackie to not let him mess around with her and she just ignored me also.
 Then to humans....
I received a message from Rickie, he is back in Saudi at work. He lives close to his work there.  But his wife is in Kenya in Nairobi.  She works in the hotel system there. Being a nosy uncle I asked how often he went home? He said every three or four months. De nephew ain’t like de uncle, that is for danged sure!  LOL,  But he is working out long range plans.  I thought of working out of country a few times myself, but the thoughts didn’t last long.

The pay is good and one can get well doing it. I have a cousin who also worked in the mid-east. Saudi and Egypt I know of, not sure of the other countries.

Of course at this stage of life’s game I want to travel in a few countries, but not in the mid or far East.

My thoughts go to England and Ireland. I was in England while in the USN but I have never been to Ireland. Sherry has been to neither, I would like for her to see them too.

Believe it or not, she has been in Israel and Jordon I haven’t been in either. Presently I have no desire to see them. She landed in the Netherlands but didn’t get off the plane. I count it, she doesn’t, LOL

I’m sorta excited tonight. We finally decided to take a quick 2 week trip to Del Rio, Texas. Son Mark needs a ride out there and we can do that and give him a place to stay. I just checked Laughlin Air Force Base and we can stay there reasonable.

Nite Shipslog

 Not sure I would like this mural on my garage doors either, some foolish person (like me) might drive right thru the door.

7 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Knowing thet you love to travel, I'm sure you are happy to have a chance to be back on the road. That is no short jaunt for sure. Happy trails to you.

betty said...

Still a mystery with the cats I fear. But good that you and Sherry are getting your feet "wet" again with traveling and able to help Mark in the process!

betty

Lisa said...

Funny story...While we were walking yesterday, I asked Nick what would happen if we found a bunch of Kittens. He replied, "take them to them to Belmont". hahaha. And I didn't think he listens.
Safe Travels
Lisa

Chatty Crone said...

I think it would be so hard to live in another country - I would miss the family even if they didn't miss me.
When are you leaving for Texas - will you visit Paula? Lucky.
sandie

Mevely317 said...

I would love to experience Ireland! At this stage of my life, however, it needs done via my computer. Glad to know the coach is getting ready to "See America" again.

Dar said...

ok, I couldn't publish my comment......so you may get a couple......I was saying, I love the door art and yes, I'd drive right through it too. Should I paint the barn with animals looking out the windows and doors? Just a thought I let roll off my back.
It's so nice you are going to be doing what you miss....and you'll enjoy the visit with Mark along the way. Travel safe our dear friends. So the Tom is back..........hmmmmm.
loven'hugs from up north where we put up 120 ears of corn today, 70 cups worth.....yum yum. Mom said it was so good it didn't even need butter~

TARYTERRE said...

godspeed.