Friday, July 29, 2022

Drywall

 Memorable car of the day:

 Cowgirl in the twenties!


For today:

I picked up the dry wall yesterday and got it staged in the basement garage. I hung two or three boards before Sherry came down with the bad news, “The dryer has Quit.”

I pulled the back cover and check everything I knew to check, nothing could I find that was bad. I had an appointment to help Grandson Josh, so I took off over to Charlotte. A heavy light fixture had fallen from the ceiling. I worked with him and we got it back in place.

As I was leaving he asked if we liked peaches. SURE!

He has a tree of ‘freestone’ peaches that is LOADED, So much so the limbs are kissing the ground. We picked some, I took a good sized bag.  Sherry has already peeled and cut them and put some in sweetener, MAN ARE THEY GOOD.  I must have already eaten a pint of them. I think tomorrow we will try some type of pie….

Still cannot figure a problem with the Dryer…..

I hung two more boards of drywall and quit…..Then went out with Sherry to the swing where we were entertained by the kitties playing and climbing trees.

Life is good (could be better if I can find out what is wrong with the dryer, LOL).

Nite Shipslog

PS:

5 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Good luck on the dryer ! You certainly have been very busy there . No only with your own but helping others too. There seems no end of the work for you to do. Enjoy those peaches they sure do sound good. I'm going to get some for myself this week at the farmers market here. The are a reward for all your hard work there. Take care ! Hope you figure the dryer out, if not there is no shame in calling for some help.

Susie said...

Check the Breaker. Flip it off and back on. A friend had this issue. Her breaker was bad. Hey drywall is heavy get some help. Please take care of yourself for your Sherry. Blessings,xoxo, Susie

betty said...

Oh my gosh, I bet those peaches were so delicious! Years ago when I was still growing up, my mom worked for someone that had a backyard peach tree. I too remember her bringing home a big bag of them that we basically devoured in just a few days. She might have made some peach jam/jelly with some, but they were mighty fine tasting! I bet if you don't think much about it, the solution of what is wrong with the dryer will come to you :)

betty

Mevely317 said...

Ugh, I hate appliance repairs! Ours went belly-up about a year ago. It only worked while I stood (or sat) with a book in one hand and the other holding down the power button. That sure got old in a hurry; but thankfully after a couple months it started working once more. Like Lazarus!

Despite all the aches and pains (us AND the Country), yes. It's a good life!

yaya said...

You are super handy man! You can leap tall drywall in a single bound and also try to fix a dryer and help hang a light fixture. Of course a bag of delicious peaches is a nice thank you! Will there be a peach pie in the future? Have a nice Saturday Jack and Sherry!