Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Life

 Memorable car of the day:

 I swas one just like this today except it was red. It brought a big smile.

1956 Thunderbird....

For today:

I met some wonderful folks on Wednesday. Don’t you enjoy meeting good folks?

A contractor, one who subs many of the building jobs involved in building a house. He did the tile job on the shower. His name is Nielson.  Sons are Matel and Brandon.

I could tell the boys and dad worked together and enjoyed it.  After the job was done we talked some. I told them about our boys.  I stressed Jack Jr’s success and abilities in administration but that he preferred just to be a sub contract courier, rather than administration.

Mark on the other hand worked with me and followed me into construction, he too had been very successful.

I just congratulated the boys in working with their father. I gave both boys a copy of my book, “Ace and Me.” I left a $20 bill in each book as a boom mark. LOL

Any way it is good to meet nice folks and know there are some kids learning a good work ethic. ;-)

 

 

Nite Shipslog

PS: I knew the boys would like he book marker, even if they if they did not like the book.  LOL

 I am still tired but I did get my sink mounted. I still must run the water and drains….

5 comments:

yaya said...

Finding good help as well as materials is sure a trial these days. I'm glad you found a good family that is teaching good work ethics. Good luck on that apartment in the basement project! I think you are secretly setting it up for all those kitties that have found a home with you! Don't work too hard Jack and give hugs to Sherry! Have a good weekend!

betty said...

I bet the boys will enjoy the book and the little added bonus! Nice to see sons and dad working together! Bet it brought back memories for you Jack!

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Father and sons working together is to be applauded. This day and age, many want to go their own way. Your sons may be very different from each other, but both are good workers. I think you have instilled a work ethic in them.

Mevely317 said...

What a pleasant surprise -- getting to seeing a glimpse of yourself with that father/son trio. Like that old saying? A breath of fresh air.
I'm certain the 'bookmarks' you left made an impression on those young men. Little things DO mean a LOT.

Glenda said...

As always, you and Sherry are generous to the max! I've known U2 and those precious boys a long time, so happy y'all are a big part of my world!!! Love and hugs from Chobee where it's hotter than ever this summer!