Thursday, July 14, 2022

Life 201

Memorable car of the day:

 

I have heard that lots of folks are 'cranky.'
Cranking was used to start cars before starters and some had starters and batteries but could be cranked by hand if the battery was dead...

For today:

Well the shower is in. I will finish it up with A LITTLE caulking, sanding and painting.

I am very happy with the work. Nephew Steve gave me his cost today, leaving himself out.  NO way could we allow that. The master bath is COMPLETELY restored. Commode rebuilt, two new china lavatories with new faucets, and a brand new floor covering. We used the ‘slap down’ simulated wood.  Actually we rebuilt the other commode and put a new floor in it also.

One of the workers called me aside, “Mr. Darnell I am Brian E…….., I lived three houses above you when you lived on Tilden Road in Charlotte. My brothers and I knew Mark and Jack Jr. and ran with them some. I know you are a Christian, I just wanted to tell you, I am too!”

He went on to tell me he and his older brother had a terrible drug problem. He awoke in the woods and didn’t know how he got there. He had lost his home that he had paid on for 27 years, only owed 3 more years. He lost his wife and family. He said as I lay there lost, not knowing what nor where. BUT something told me God loved me. I prayed. He said most folks think I was hallucinating, but it was real as I walked out of the woods I found two NEW SS cards, they were the same last name, but the first names were Faith and Hope.  I knew God was real and Jesus loved me.  I have been clean for over 3 years now, my children are back in my life.

My Brother Wa----, learned even harder than I, he spent time in prison for ‘dealing drugs’, BUT he too has made a recovery and has a recovery program of his own and aids other druggies and alcoholics. Jesus found him too.

It is amazing the stories out there, and also it is amazing the GOOD folk.  So I am tired, but proud to have met some wonderful folk…

Nite Shipslog

PS: The weaver's shuttle is shipped. I smiled BIG time. Boromax came out of the woods himself and commented, He had noticed the shuttle also in the picture.

8 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a wonderful story. Praise the Lord.

God bless.

betty said...

It is amazing how God works! So glad too that the shower is done and you like the results!

betty

Mevely317 said...

How great is our God! Thank you for sharing this young man's story; I love that he felt compelled to share it with you.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thankfully, I 've known more good people than bad. Although there were a few that had me fooled a time or tow. But eventually the truth comes out. Your story is a proof that people can change too. It's never to late to turn your life around.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Jack and Sherry!
My Mom was cranking up a car that way when she was young and a neighbor walked by and said ‘wind her up Sy (long i sound) bill’ instead of Sybil. 😂

Anonymous said...

Oh it’s me Sheila

boromax said...

Yes. I sure enough came out of the woods! I love to hear stories of redemption. Beautiful. ~ Ed.

Lisa said...

Loved the story. It made my heart smile.
Lisa