Tuesday, July 19, 2022

I believe in exceptions…

That Car:

 The Ford Edsel:


For today:

I believe in the death penalty completely for murder and rape, but I do believe in exceptions. Ex: Charlie Pride sings a song “Snakes crawl at Night”. Is one that comes to mind. ;-)

I do not believe you can ‘legislate morality’, I do believe in separation of church and state, but that is me….

Now to a hot trigger subject. I despise abortion for convenience.

FIRST of all, I tell my wife, I have never had a baby and never will. I do not know the fear in a young lady who faces the fact she is pregnant and her parents will disown her. (OF COURSE SHE SHOULD NOT HAVE GIVEN IN BUT IT IS TOO LATE TO SAY THAT NOW AND BE EFFECTIVE.)  Any way the man/boy had FUN and goes on like a Tom Cat.…. She suffers.  MEN are not suited to make laws concerning this, my thinking.

I said I do not believe in abortion……..

HOWEVER I believe in exceptions. I was told by a minister once I was headed for Hell because I believed in exceptions. EX: Rape, Incest and life and death reasons.  If the doctor says: "I can save either your wife or the baby!"  My friend I want my wife, send the baby to Heaven.

When I stated that the minister said I was doomed to hell!

I do not think so. We all have a right to an opinion and we all have opinions…. BUT differences of opinions should be live and let live, unless I try to FORCE my opinion on you. That B different.

You can say a lot of things when YOU will never be faced with choosing, so I will never GIVE nor HAVE an abortion, THERE FORE MY OPINIONS are abstract.

Now the car in the heading, many said it should have been aborted.... Collectors will disagree... ;-)

Nite Shipslog

PS:    I hear that abortion is murder, murder is wrong! There are 9 more commandments, how do you feel about them?

I would like to see more people open their homes to a 15 year old girl and agree to raise that child and baby; instead of yelling MURDERER at her, as she enters an abortion clinic.

4 comments:

Bud Sansbury said...

Once upon a time, someone, (I can't remember who) said the Edsel looked like an Oldsmobile sucking a lemon.

Mevely317 said...

What a heartbreaking subject! While I applauded the Supreme Court's ruling, you're right. There will always be exceptions. That's not a decision I would ever want to make and still be able to face myself in the mirror.

yaya said...

I feel that your minister needs a lesson on religion. It's not his place to judge or tell folks where they will land when life is done. That's God's job and I wouldn't want that responsibility. Frankly that man sounds very unChristian! I would not get an abortion but on the other hand I've never been in a situation that would make me have to think of that choice. Our oldest son and his girlfriend were. They were young but chose to keep and raise that baby. They were surrounded by caring parents and family that helped them. Yesterday that sweet Grandbaby of ours turned 27 and has been a joy. Choices are hard and not everyone has support needed. And that's the real crime here.

betty said...

I'm with you, Jack, about not using abortion as a form of birth control like some people do. There are those cases where it may be justified but those should be far and few between. I know those who have had abortions. I know one who was date raped and is raising her child on her own while the man is serving a long prison sentence. Murder is wrong and killing a living being such as an unborn baby is murder. That's the way I look at it. I would make myself available to be a support system for someone faced with an unwanted pregnancy. I think a lot of pregnancy crisis centers do a great job in helping women faced with that decision providing all sorts of care for them through pregnancy and a long time after the birth of a baby.

betty