Sunday, July 31, 2022

He is not playing with a full deck! (etc)

 Memorable car of the day:

 Listed as the world's most beautiful car and I do not know what it is!  I want to guess Lamborghini... 

(I am posting early for Monday, tomorrow is an especially busy day!

For today:

You have heard that title in many different ways and sittings. Probably more of them than I remember. It is usually said about us that forget something or do something stupid. I have also heard it said derogatorily about dear friends (and Kin) who never developed past an early age.

One I remember dearly I met in Florida, Tyler, they called him Tyty. His problem came because of lack of oxygen to his brain at an early age. He was probably in his mid 20s when he got a job at Chic-Filet. They loved him you never saw Tyler without a smile! He died of Covid last year and is missed by many. Chic Filet had a special day for him after his passing. He was an amazing young man.

(Tyler and his mom, sweet Linda)

My Uncle Ralph, dad’s brother lived into his 40s. He was my playmate for years. I was a child and Ralph would play cars with me on the floor and under the house and he was 20. He was a good friend. After Granny Darnell died he lived off and on with all the brothers and sisters. Every one loved Ralph.  It is hard to not love someone who is always happy and smiling……  Makes one wonder how great it is to NOT know about: Russia, the economy and nasty politics, doesn’t it.

NEXT:

I have known Da--- a long time. But not until the last couple years have I really got to know him. He is NEVER without a smile, I think he is a miracle to have survived, he has lived to near 50 now, and he knows hundreds of songs. Plays the bass guitar and drums like a professional. BUT that VOICE! He sings in church. Ahhh such a grand voice, the professional sound from down deep. It is also sorta strange because most singers I cannot understand, BUT, I CAN HEAR and understand the words he sings. Everyone is shocked when they first hear the big ‘D’ sing. He has a natural ability to use a microphone to emphasize his ability.

I have known D’s dad since his our youth. His dad and mine were pastors during the same era. I do not know if D ever attended school or not but I am sure his mama ‘W’, had a lot to do with his training and abilities. She is a loving and patient lady. She told Sherry that ‘D’ lives 24/7 with a headache, but you would never know it.

I pause now when I see a ‘Mentally Challenged’ person. They live in a different world, at times I wish I could join them.  Have you ever been enlightened by someone mentally challenged?

Nite Shipslog

PS:

3 comments:

betty said...

My 42 year old nephew has Down syndrome. He knows scripture better than I do. Not only does he have key ones memorized but he can explain what they mean :)

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Most mentally challenged people are blessed with other gifts it seems. I haven't known anyone personally, but have heard many stories like yours. We who have full mental capacity don't know how challenging a life like that would be. We need to count our blessings.

Woody said...

Our Nephew is "Special Needs",, He is a big strapping young man, 32 years old. He goes to special classes at a School, He rides the Bus, He is awesome in some of the Clay Crafts he makes, Statues, Animals, Birds, etc. He loves to fish and he can put one of those "Transformers" which is a 100 or more pieces in Minutes where I would spend forever on it ! He Loves his Aunt and Uncle and we love him ! We are truly Blessed !!! You and Sherry Take it easy, Love from the North, Gary and Anna Mae