Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Me again in the basement…

 Memorable car of the day:

 I thought our '55Ford was cool...

For today:

Yeah, I know, I should keep on the basement subject. ;-(. And leave the tough stuff alone…….

So here I am. I got the knobs and handles on, raised the Microwave a few inches. I decided to redo my mural wall. I painted over old Geronimo, framed part of the big mural as a picture window and added a window over the sink. Better than looking at a bare wall. ;-)



The window is pain but I did a good job on real coutains.

The real window is upper-left.  Will have to figure a way to use it. I do not want to cover it.

I have been thinking about walling in this part of the basement. The placement of the wall is my main concern. I have two huge pieces of furniture, and I must leave room and away to get them out. 

A couple things we have I want to get up the nerve to go to the local antique mall to see if they think moving our extra things there is worth their trouble? The do consignments.  We have never tried something like that, but it will get them out of the basement!!!!!  What happens if they go belly up?  What if they call and say, het this stuff won’t sell!!!  Etc.

Thinking gone wild…  we need to get rid of some stuff!!!!

Yeah I know, beating that dead horse…..  But I am trying..

Nite Shipslog

PS:

7 comments:

betty said...

I like that mural of the beach, Jack! What a great view from a "window". The worst that can happen if the furniture doesn't sell is the furniture doesn't sell, lol, and then maybe you can put it for a donation to someone who might need it to set up their house :)

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love a window above the sink, It helps to have a good view!! Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and do it. Better to have that stuff in the antique mall than sitting in your basement filling up the space theres.Good Luck on getting that one done !

Mevely317 said...

How curious! I was recently looking on-line at art panels designed to look like a picture window -- complete with curtains pulled back. Good job giving this space a homey feel.
Re. the antique mall? I say, 'go for it' -- in fact, I'm close to doing the same thing. Some dollars are better than none, right?

yaya said...

Jump in and sell that stuff! You may just hit the jackpot! Or make enough to buy a few mega millions lottery tickets and really make a haul! Ha! I love the mural and window...are you an artist too? You're amazing!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You really are so talented, Jack.

God bless.

Sheila Y said...

I like the new ‘window’ and the framed mural. I’ve thought about getting a painting that looks like a window opening to a beach view for the bathroom. Lol.
Take care, Sheila

Lisa said...

Consignment is good. Yes, it is possible it will not sell but we never had anything that didn’t. If something does not sell, they usually will call you after so long and ask if they can reduce the price. Consignment shoppers know the ropes and will sometimes wait for a price drop.

Lisa