Saturday, July 30, 2022

Electrical and Drywall (Dryer… My fault!)

 Memorable car of the day:

This is an older Jag. This was a dream of many young folk in the 50s. I just read on FB a day or so ago the Lisa (Away from the Office Chair) was driving her dad's Jag. Probably a little newer that this one..... ;-)

For today:

I had peaches in my cereal this morning. Tonight Sherry sat and enjoyed some of the Peach Cobbler she baked, it was delicious.

The Dryer… I checked every electrical part and found nothing wrong…. So back down to the breaker panel. Pulled the cover and looked at the breakers more closely. I had replaced the big double breaker with a smaller twin set. To gain room for the apartment circuits.  I installed the replacement breaker one half breaker too high or too low. Your home has two 120v legs coming in. they are different phases. To get 220 v the twin breakers MUST grab BOTH legs. I had the same leg feeding. So it all was my fault. OUCH. However I sure learned a lot about dryers. LOL


All the drywall is hung, screwed and trimmed. The electrical is in place and ready for the sheetrock mud. So next I will be a mudder.

(Above is looking from the living room area back to the outside door. You can see our coach thru the door.)

(above is looking from the outside entrance area toward the living area, the odd color vinyl on the right is where I had already started covering the carpet.) BTW I can now use the new lights I installed.  They will be dropped down once I get to the ceiling.  HA!

 I am messy so I have the carpet completely covered to cut down on the mess of dropped mud and the dust that will come big time with the sanding.

(All Carpet is covered)

Mudding and sanding will take a minimum of 2 days maybe three four according to how fast the mud dries. I don’t mind mudding except for corners, they are a pain for me. LOL I ALWAYS try to do both sides of the corner a once, but I should do one side, let it dry then do the other side. But into every life a little rain must fall. LOL

Nite Shipslog

PS:

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Yep drove daddys Jaq. It’s newer than the one in your picture. I’m not sure of the year but it’s not new.
I was trained to drive a stick shift and it felt good to drive one again.
Your project is coming along good. Can’t wait to see the finish.
Peach cobbler sound delicious!!!

Church time
Lisa

betty said...

I knew you would figure out the dryer! Seemed like a simple fix too once you worked it out! Seems like some interesting projects ahead with your remodel but good that you have the peaches to eat along the way!

betty

Mevely317 said...

Good news! I guess sometimes you just have to walk away for a few hours -- then the solution will present itself.

If I were to sit looking at that pretty mural for very long, I'd find myself craving an adult beverage served with an umbrella in a coconut shell.

jadarnel27 said...

The story of that peach tree is kind of funny. We had a compost pile in that corner of the yard, where we piled leaves and yard clippings, as well as any fruit and vegetable waste from the cooking we did (including the occasional peach pit).

We noticed this big plant beginning to grow out of the middle of it, but never did anything about it. We thought it was some kind of weed.

A year later, after we had moved out of the place, the lady that lives there called us to tell us it was a peach tree and bearing some fruit. This is the second year, and as you mentioned in the last blog, the tree is loaded haha.

Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying the "accidental" peaches!

- Grandson Josh 😁

Susie said...

Jack, Kudos to you. You are a busy guy. The first time I worked on my dryer...I was young too. I didn't realize once you take the front skin off the drum came off too. Yikes, Thank goodness my daughter was home to hold it while I slipped on a new belt. LOL Good job on the breaker. Peaches are good with ice cream too. LOL. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

yaya said...

Boy do I have a taste for a delish peach right now! Your apartment project is humming along and looks so good! You are amazing! I'm glad you figured out the dryer issue and it didn't cost you a new one! Electrical stuff scares me. I get nervous putting on a new covers over outlets! Ha!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's great that you were able to figure it out and the apartment is really taking shape. What a difference walls make ! We all learn from our mistakes, so now you won't make that one again. The peaches do sound delicious !