Sunday, July 17, 2022

That is now

 Memorable car of the day:

 This is the Ford 1961  2 wheel gyro car.  Gyros kept if level for the driver, unlike the motorcycle where the rider does it.


For today:

I like to come up with ways to overcome my weaknesses. I am in good company, I smile. Sister Shirley rented this place until she had the ill manners to pass on. She let me know what a lady can do when push comes to shove.  That girl moved much heavy stuff around including 100-160 lb concrete bird baths by herself.

She moved her 'exercise equipment' from upstairs down to the basement, then back up and down.  She did not use either the tread mill or the exer-bike, but got her exercise moving her nightly ‘clothes racks’ around (she would say!)

Below is the last pic of the basement kitchenette. The little cabinet I converted the trash container into and also you can see I moved the former Microwave stand to an overhead cabinet for dishes, etc.

Raising that wall cabinet was what brought about that diatribe of Shirley’s ingenuity. Anyone would have laughed if they were watching. I wrestled the cabinet onto a little table. Then I arranged my car jack under the table and raised the table and cabinet up about 4 feet.

I had the screw gun ready and set the dude at the height I wanted.

It probably only weighs about 50 lbs, but to me it felt like 100 lbs.  I smiled and was proud of me for getting that dude up and attached to the wall. LOL

I know I am tooting my own horn. I know that there are many folks who could do the same, MUCH FASTER even better, but it makes me feel like I am still useful. LOL

Besides, some of this stuff I am using would have to be given or thrown away; I despise waste……

Thanks for reading this drivel….  I really appreciate it,

 Nite Shipslog

PS: Life is good (at times, LOL)

7 comments:

Woody said...

Great Idea on the Jack to Raise the Cabinet to desired Height. On shelves, racks, or items that require 2 I find my height, use me level, make 2 marks for the bottom and I put in 2 finishing nails to help hold it in place, set my item and screw it into place, then remove the 2 nails, you will notice around a lot of things tere is always 2 little Holes near the bottom, LoL !! Room looks good, I bet it is cool down there ! We got up to 92 yesterday!
Take Care, enjoyed the read and photo ! sending down regards and Love from the North, Gary and Anna Mae

Mevely317 said...

I think tooting your own horn is absolutely called for! It looks wonderful and turning the microwave cart into a cabinet is genius.
Here in Alabama where the possibility of severe weather's a constant, I'd sure love to have a basement. Unfortunately, there's not many to be had; at least in our price range.

yaya said...

Way to go Jack! Nice job and very resourceful and I'm glad you were able to do this, stay safe, and have that great feeling of accomplishment. I always believe where's there's a will, there's a way!

betty said...

Go ahead and toot your horn, Jack! That was hard work! Glad you were able to accomplish that on your own! Hope you didn't strain too much to do so! Everything looks really good down there for the kitchenette!

betty

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You really are so skilful. It's OK to be proud of your work.

God bless.

Lisa said...

You never cease to amaze me with your ideas. I love your resourceful mind thinking. You should be proud of yourself.

Heading to work.
Lisa

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Where there is the will there is a way they say. Glad you figured out yours. You can do most anything just not the way you used to do it. I've found that one out many times lately.