Thursday, July 28, 2022

Electrical,

Memorable car of the day:

Normal gasoline prices in the 50's! WE are below $4 here in NC...
Test driving the new Jeep, reckon they had seat belts?

For today:

I continued with the electrical. I found 4 circuits I can use.  So I am using only 3 (saving one. LOL)

One of the outlets wired and ready for drywall.

Of course Electrical is never done until the trim work after the painting.  But all the wire is pulled, some outlets and switches wired and tested.

The two yellow wires were the two remaining circuits to squeeze into the manel.

I closed the main panel, if one is careful they can work on a live panel. I did not want to shut the house down completely. I got one tingle and one arc. Not bad for a crowded panel. I was glad to see the cover screwed back in place.

(The refrigerator outlet, finished on it's own circuit)

(I had to take down two of these 4 tube florescent fixtures. They too have gained weight since I hung them by myself 25 yrs ago. LOL)

I ran the outlet wire by drilling holes in the suds to save wire.)

Next?  Gotta go get drywall, doors and a couple small items. My list is in the basement. LOL

Take care. Life is Good.

 

Nite Shipslog

PS:

7 comments:

betty said...

Be careful working around the electrical, Jack, even though you are a "pro" with it :) Step by step it is coming together!

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Things are really coming along there. Good Work! Sounds like a lot to be done yet. Take care and get some rest in between. Don't over do things. There is no reason to hurry. At least not that I'm aware of. At least you are working in a cool basement not out on a hot roof.

Woody said...

Be Careful, I am afraid of Electrical, I conduct Electric like a Transformer, I can get a shock by being too close to an uncovered wire !!! I had an Uncle who Tested his wiring by wetting his index finger and touching the Black wire, He was always trying to get me to do it ! Looking good, like the wiring photos, need a close up ! Take care with that Sheetrock !!!! Good Job from what I see in the Pictures !!! Sending down cares and Concern !!! Gary and Anna Mae

Susie said...

Well Jack of all trades, I love your ambition. Yes, some times working on a live panel will get you the nickname of Sparky. The only shock I ever got at work was from a borrowed extention cord...who knew. LOL. I should have know, the man that loaned it had a label on it that read "Death to Tyranny" . I worked with some whack-a-doodles. It looks as though you are moving right along with that project. Don't you love the smell of new lumber? Blessings and take breaks. xoxo, Susie

Mevely317 said...

All this is above my pay grade, Jack -- but I smiled big about those materials having gained weight over the last 25 years. Carry on, and please. Stay safe!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You're amazing and very talented. Don't work too hard though. Take care and have fun.

God bless.

Lisa said...

I’m like Woody in the above comment. I too conduct electricity. I have even called dibs in the family for being the one that makes the lights blink in the house when I die. Haha. Ok maybe thats no funny. But everytime the lights blink they will think about me.

Lisa