Sunday, July 24, 2022

Thinking about driving nails.

Memorable car of the day:

This bus was parked in our drive a few years back. It carried kids from Haiti who where touring churches singing and telling about life in Haiti. We were traveling and not using the house at the time and it was a great place for them to take a break.


For today:

(Of course I hope to shoot the nails)…BUT actually I am slipping a moisture barrier under the old carpet in the basement. The last time we replaced the carpet here in the house, instead of sending the carpet to the dump, I spread it in the basement. It has served me well just lying in pieces, large and small. So before I start with walls after adding the moisture barrier I will try to seam the carpet.

Seaming carpet permanently requires hot glue seaming tape. Carpet men seam carpet with a seaming iron specifically designed for the job. I am going to try to use an old steam iron and seam the carpet before starting the walls. It is just an idea. I can replace the iron for about $10 which is cheap if the job works. LOL  (If not, I will just cry!)

I will keep you up to date…..  ;-)

Nite Shipslog

PS:

 

4 comments:

betty said...

Hope the job works, Jack! Sounds like a cheap fix if it does!! Such a pretty bus carrying precious cargo! Glad you were able to help them by having it parked on your land :)

betty

Mevely317 said...

I'd no idea about that process. Then again, I always try not to get near heavy labor goings on -- so I'm not asked to help! 😆

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Whenever we have spare carpets I lay them down in the basement. I have done this so often that now when I get in the basement I hit my head on the ceiling.

God bless.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thats the perfect way to recycle the old carpet. So many basements are damp and the moisture barrier is a great idea. I've never tried to lay carpet but your idea sounds sensible to me. Good luck on not breaking your back over the job. It sounds back breaking to me. Let us know how successful you are or not.