Monday, July 25, 2022

Just a little more….

 Memorable car of the day:

 Mystery car, I hve no idea the year, country nor name. But I like it.  It looks like it is whistling a catchy tune. LOL


For today:

The iron worked for seaming the carpet. I did not do the job real carpet men would have, but it should work for this job.

Sherry and I went to the Verizon store to get a # removed from our bill. HAHAHAHA That cannot be done at the store. It must be done on the net or by phone.

Then we picked up the lumber order and I got started to work.

 

(Half the long wall is in the fore ground, the short wall is on the deck waiting  some nails.)

Since my strength isn’t what it used to be I had to half the 22 foot wall so I could lift half at a time. That shocked me at how heavy even a 10-12 foot wall is. Imma thinking they make lumber heavier now—a-days. LOL During a chow break we tried the phone company again, this time via phone.

HAHAHA again. It took Hours or seemed like that and after chasing our tails with computer generated voices we finally got it done.

Back to work to finish raising the walls and completed the framing.

(just below is looking from the basement garage at the entrance door to the apart. We already have an outside door. I installed that when I put the bathroom in.) to give you an orientation; looking in. the kitchen is to the left, that door with a flag over it is the bedroom entrance.

Shucks the short wall was heavier than I expected.

The little apartment is framed now and ready for electrical before drywall. The big job is finding space in our power panel for three circuits. ;-)

A good days work, that included the Verizon frustration.

 

Nite Shipslog

PS:

5 comments:

betty said...

Your project is looking really good, Jack!! I look forward to seeing the end result! So frustrating that business has to be taken care of over the phone or Internet instead of face to face with someone in the store. Glad it worked out though! I'm sure you got a good night's rest and will be ready to do whatever project you have set up for today :)

betty

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Really brave and very talented of you. Well done. I'm so envious of your skills.

God bless.

Mevely317 said...

It's looking wonderful, Jack!
Boy, customer service (or lack thereof) is hard to find these days. Suppose I'll always be loyal to Verizon, but they're not the customer-focused company I remember.

Woody said...

Looking pretty "Ship Shape" ! I could helpwith this part, Rough Framing in ! I don't like sheet rocking, I never could remember if I had 24 or 25 sheetrock screws in a 4 x 8 sheet, My "Mudding" and taping of the Joints looked like a Gravel Stoned Road. I am impressed with the Pictures and what you have gotten done, Keep those Pictures coming, Put in a couple of installing Electrical Boxes for a light as I have to add a light to the garage !!!! Take it easy and don't over do !!! sending down cares and concern from the North, Gary and Anna Mae

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Wow! I'm impressed. You certainly don't mess around! I'm amazed at all you got done there. Customer service is not what it used to be no matter where you go. In store or on the phone, it doesn't matter. I hope you finally made some progress on solving your problem. Glad you are doing so well and getting so much done there !