Monday, October 6, 2014

Tropical Drive on the East Coast

JUANELLES BIRTHDAY 008 - Copy

Traveling the coast of Florida is a pleasure. I miss jumping in the salt water. (It doesn’t work with hearing aids!)

JUANELLES BIRTHDAY 009 - Copy

Son Mark loves Florida, he has since being a teenager in Key West.

JUANELLES BIRTHDAY 011 - CopyJUANELLES BIRTHDAY 012 - Copy

Yesterday Glenda found a great place to order a ‘Pressed Cuban’ sandwich. Instead of the usual family cooking affair, they had chips and home made dip, along with a couple pies.

JUANELLES BIRTHDAY 013 - Copy

The sandwich may not look good to you, and not the greatest of photos, but it was delicious.  We learned to enjoy the Pressed Cuban in GITMO.

JUANELLES BIRTHDAY 017 - Copy

Here is the lovely Juanelle (from Missouri) and her famous Aunt (Seamstress to the Rich and Famous of Palm Beach) Irma Lee Pinder 90+.

JUANELLES BIRTHDAY 034JUANELLES BIRTHDAY 036

Mark alternately drove up A1A and US1 coming back. A beautiful drive.

JUANELLES BIRTHDAY 038

A beautiful light house at Hobe Sound.

JUANELLES BIRTHDAY 040

Entrance to one of the homes of the Rich and Famous.

JUANELLES BIRTHDAY 046

Looking across Hobe Sound

JUANELLES BIRTHDAY 049

We stopped and took a walk down a nature trail. Here we met ‘Jasper’ the friendly dog, wandering the beach. Now I see the Coconut I was going to bring back but forgot it.

This was our return trip after the wonderful get to gether. We brought back about 20 bananas furnished by cousin Jerry and Holly supplied Avacados

JUANELLES BIRTHDAY 007JUANELLES BIRTHDAY 018 - Copy

My color and exposure was so bad I removed the color

001

MMMM good.

Thanks for traveling with us to Pompano Beach.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

How did this happen?

how_did_this_happen_10

(THIS WAS NOT ON OUR TRIP)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<v>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

JUANELLES BIRTHDAY 035

Spotted this beauty on our trip. A 1960 Chevy Impala Convertible, methinks.

 

(Today’s color and exposures were terrible, I had to delete many of them)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pictures of the water.
The sandwiches, bananas, and avocados look good, too.
Lots of sunshine in the pictures.

TARYTERRE said...

The sandwich sounds good. Looks hearty. LOVE that nice LIGHTHOUSE.

Paula said...

You're seeing lots of pretty places. Sorry you can't jump into the water with your hearing aids.

shirl72 said...

I enjoyed the pictures and the
beautiful scenery on your drive.

When I see a lighthouse I think of the Song LIGHTHOUSE ..There is
a Lighthouse on the hillside That
over looks Life's sea. When I'm
tossed it sends out a light that
I might see and the light that shines in darkness now safely lead us home. etc..


BlueRidge Boomer said...

Hey!
I grew up 1 mile north of that lighthouse on the intercoastal side...!! Makes a great nitelight.
Thanks for hugging that palm tree...
:)

Chatty Crone said...

I enjoyed the visit - I have to ask - do you grill avocados?

Mevely317 said...

Wonderful pictures, Jack! Tho I lived on Florida's west coast, I well remember enjoying Hwy. A1A ... thanks for the trip down memory lane!

betty said...

Oh my gosh, Jack, that sandwich looks good! Looked like a nice gathering and I know down the line you'll enjoy those avocados!

betty

Glenda said...

You captured the day in awesome pics! It was one of the first days we've had in a long while without an overcast, cloudy sky. Sherry made me so happy when she said "this is the best Cuban I ever tasted"...wow...she lived in Cuba!!!!

Yaya Snaps said...

so far I've "gotten" all the auto accidents except the one in the dumpster...with what was shown in the photo it wasn't easy to figure out what happened (unless it was picked up by a crane and dumped in) :) reminds me of the time when I drove the motorhome through the middle of an under construction downtown Dallas on a Sunday afternoon...the big cement barriers were so close together that when we got back to Corpus Christi I discovered that I'd scraped a couple...yikes!!! luckily I was soooo big I didn't get us wedged in somewhere :p love your shots of the east coast of Florida!!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thank you !!! I so needed a trip to the beach and even though it was through your eyes, I did thoroughly enjoy it. With chilly fall days here that are becoming shorter and darker too, I needed to see the sunshine ! I could almost feel the warmth !